I was always sporty at school and as I entered my teens my body started getting rounder just like everyone else’s……luckily by staying active with netball, volleyball, athletics and swimming I didn’t have to think about my weight. Now I can share with you that choosing healthy food and staying super active – gym three times per week and two runs per week, is the answer. A healthy diet, muscle strength, oxygen pouring into your body and so to your skin will definitely make you look and feel fab + it will give you lashings of self confidence because you will KNOW you look your best.
- I know you guys don’t always want to give up your yummy snacks and treats and you dont have to – just follow my ‘tips from the top’ …
- Avoid fried foods….full of fat and grease .
- Make your own nutritious sandwich lunch for school so you won’t be tempted to buy french fries. It might feel like a real drag and time consuming but it will be worth it.
- Don’t quench your thirst with sugary sodas and milkshakes. Water is always the best choice … you can always choose the slightly flavoured water if the idea bores you rigid.
- Eat lots and lots of fresh fruit and veggies (raw when you can manage)… your plate should be full of colour – red berries, blueberries, red peppers, green broccoli, yellow corn etc..
- Choose wholegrain bread – full of fibre and gives you lots of energy for longer.
- Eat chicken, eggs, fish, beans, nuts or tofu as your protein….these are your low fat choices.