I grew up wearing glasses and had no problem with it until I hit my teens!!!!
Not so cool.
I certainly did not like the ‘harmless’ name calling I ‘overheard’….
Well girls let me tell you…… wearing glasses is VERY cool – they can be a fashion accessory, a style statement, your signature even if you don’t actually need them to see more clearly….. buy a pair with simple glass/plastic lenses and you are good to go…
Choose the shape of the frame, the colour and size ….. retro, geeky, hippy, nerdy … express yourself!!!
There are no real rules on make-up techniques for those of us who wear glasses it depends more importantly on your style and you feeling your most confident.
Here are my tips from the top….
- Choose glasses to complement the shape of your face.
- Make sure you have tidy groomed eyebrows.
- Eyeliner in gel, pencil or liquid form on your top lashes looks fab…. either a skinny line close to the lash line or thicker and more smudgy on the eyelid.
- A pop of rosy blush on the apples of your cheeks balances and brightens the face.
- Go for it with mascara but comb out any clumps as your glasses magnify slightly so there is no hiding any goopy blobs of mascara.
- A light dab of concealer/highlighter under your eyes is very flattering and brightens the eye area.
- Bright lips or just simple gloss – accentuate your mouth to offset and balance your glasses.